- You must have created a Domain to upload your web content into. Add a Domain
- You must have created an FTP user in the myCloud Control Panel. Create an FTP User
- You must have an FTP Client.
Note: For this article we used FileZilla as an example. Install FileZilla
1. Open the site manager
2. Select New Site
3. Change Logon Type to "Normal"
4. Enter your credentials
- v3: ftp.v3.cloudsites.gearhost.com
- v2: ftp.cloudsites.gearhost.com
- USERNAME: Your FTP user you created. Simply input the full username (it will have the format XXXXXX|ftpusername, where XXXXXX is your account ID, followed by a pipe symbol and then your chosen username). The Account ID will be included in the FTP account name in FTP Manager as well as on the right hand side of myCloud.
- PASSWORD: You created this password when creating the FTP account in the previous article, simply input your password in this field.
- PORT: Leave this field blank.
5. Change Encryption to "Only use plain FTP (insecure)"
6. Click Connect