Note: Joomla 3.1 was used in this article but this will apply to newer versions as well.
- Domain added in myCloud: Add a Domain to myCloud
- FTP User: Create an FTP User
- Database: Create a Database (MySQL)
Installing Joomla: (Files)
1. Download the latest version of Joomla from here.
2. Unzip the file to a location you can easily access. (We recommend the desktop.)
3. Open your FTP Client and connect to our server using this article: Upload sites files using FTP
Once connected it should look something like this with a right and left pane. (We used FileZilla as our client.)
4. In the left pane, navigate to the location you unzipped Joomla to, the contents will be shown in the bottom left.
5. In the right pane navigate to your webroot folder and open it, the contents will be shown in the bottom right.
6. Select all Joomla files and drag and drop them from the bottom left to your webroot folder in the bottom right.
7. Navigate to your website to start the configuration.
Note: If your domain is not yet pointing to gearhost you can use your preview URL. Simply add .v3.cloudsites.gearhost.com to the end of your domain.
8. Work through the configuration page, you can enter anything you wish.
9. Enter your database information, this can be found in the Database Manager in myCloud by clicking "Details" next to the database you created for this site. Leave the pre-configured settings as they are.
Note: If you have not already done so, you can follow the article in the prerequisites section at the top of this page.
10. Assuming everything is correct, you will see that all system requirements are in place for Joomla 3.1
11. Installation is now complete. The only step left is to remove the installation folder.
12. Go back to your FTP client and delete the "Installation" folder from your webroot folder. Clicking on the button "Remove installation folder" in the above picture will not work. Once installation folder is erased click on either the site or the Administrator buttons to be brought to your new Joomla 3.1 site.