Databases are files that serve as a collection point to store data so that it is more easily accessible to your website.
GearHost offers two main types of SQL databases: MSSQL and MySQL databases.
- MSSQL: Short for Microsoft SQL, this type of database is used with technologies that make heavy use of Microsoft's ASP.NET framework.
- mySQL: MySQL is an open-source (free) SQL database type that is used by many in lieu of Microsoft's alternative.
Creating a Database:
1. Click on the Database Manager module in the myCloud v3 management console.
2. Click the Create New Database button.
3. Name your database and select the type of database you need, MySQL (open source) vs MSSQL (Microsoft).
4. Click the Create New Database button again.
Manage a Database:
Simply read over our Manage a CloudSites Database article.