How to Generate a CSR (SSL certificate)
GearHost offers SSL certificates that we will install for you, included in the price of the SSL. Please review our SSL offerings, if you would like us to configure and install the SSL on a website on your CloudServer, please open a support ticket.
Login to your CloudServer through Remote Desktop, instructions can be found here.
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) by clicking your start menu --> select Administrative Tools --> click on Internet Information Services.
2. Click on the Server Name
3. From the center menu, double-click the "Server Certificates" button in the "Security" section.
4. Select "Actions" menu (On the far right), click on "Create Certificate Request".
The certificate wizard should appear.
5. In the "Distinguished Name Properties" window, enter the information as follows;
- The Common Name field should be the Fully qualified Domain Name (FQDN) or the web address for which you plan to use your SSL Certificate.
- Enter your Organization and Organization Unit names in the fields provided
- Enter your City/Locality, Stat/Province and Country/Region details.
- And click Next.
6. In the “Cryptographic Service Provider Properties” window, leave both settings at their defaults (Microsoft RSA SChannel and 2048) and click Next.
7. Enter a file name and location to save your CSR to. You will need this CSR to enroll for your SSL Certificate.
Your CSR will now be saved to the location you selected, in the file you named. When you come to request a certificate you will need the information inside the file, so please make a note of it.