Create an application pool in IIS 7
You can create an individual application pool in IIS 7 for Windows Server 2008 by performing the following steps. GearHost recommends that each site and application on your server have its own application pool. By default when you create a new website in IIS 7 a new application pool is created.
1. First open Internet Information Services on the windows 2008 server. This is found under Start Menu , click Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then clcik Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. Navigate to application pools in IIS by expanding the server.
3. Right click on Application Pools and select Add Application Pool.
- Name: This can be the domain name the application pool is for or a simple description of the site it will be for or the application.
- .Net Framework Version: The version of asp.net you would like to use. 2.x for new applications using asp.net 2.x or 3.x. Version 1.x for classic applications.
- Managed Pipeline Mode: Select either integrated or classic. Classic if you are going to run an asp.net 1.x application.
4. After you have created the application pool go back to your site in IIS under “Sites” and changed the application pool it uses to your new one.