Custom error pages on your DDS
Custom error pages are used to redirect visitors when they access old parts of your site no longer available or run into an error with the site yourself. They look moire professional and can allow your visitors to go back to your home page easily. If you would like to create your own custom error pages on your dedicated server here are the basic steps you will need to take.
1. Log into your dedicated server using RDP. Instructions for RDP can be found here.
2. Click on start.
3. Click on administrative tools.
4. Click on Internet Information Services.
5. Click on the name of your server.
6. On the right hand side double click on the icon for error pages.
7. On the far right you can now click on the Add option.
8. The Add Custom Error Page configuration box will open up:
9. Type in the error code for the error you wish for your custom error page to display for.
10. Click on the brows option and navigate to your custom error page.
11. Click ok.