How to add a website to your CloudServer
The article below is a general guideline on how to add a website to your CloudServer.
1. Register the domain name. You can use any registrar you like or you can use GearHost. Simply open a support ticket and we can register the domain name for you.
2. Configure the name servers. You can create your own name servers under any domain already on your server or you can easily create them. Just add two A records, one called ns1 and another called ns2. Point them to the IP addresses of your server. NS1 goes to the primary IP and NS2 goes to the secondary.
- Configure custom name servers.
- Register custom name servers with GoDaddy.
3. Add the domain name to DNS. The article below will show you how to add the site to DNS on your server.
4. Add records to the new domain name in DNS. You will need to setup mail, www, etc.
5. Add the site to IIS 7. This is actually adding the website to your web server.
Related KB Articles:
- How to add a domain name to your DNS server (Windows 2008).
- How to add DNS records to a domain name (Windows 2008).
- Register Custom Name Servers with GoDaddy.